Wednesday, July 20, 2011

death

As I move further along the actuarial table. a life insurance monetary scheme in which one bets how long one is to live (I have no life insurance -- I have death assurance), I become more friendly with death. I have come to realize that I am death and life is my companion. I have no "death" to die. Death is the Unborn and life is its creation. Death is the unconscious from which all creativity springs -- springs into the light of day.

Death is no foe. Death is who we are. We are the Unborn reaching into, manifesting as the Born.  "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" (I Corinthians 15:55) Death has no sting and the grave no victory because we have no death to die. We are death.

The surface consciousness ( what I call the WalMart consciousness) will not understand this. The surface consciousness insists that it is everything, knows it is not, and seeks to continue existence. It wishes to remain a happy little separative metaphysical chunk and go on forever. Death frightens the shit out of it. And rightly so, because it does have a death to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment