Saturday, October 20, 2012

the great god

I did not make myself. The Great God did. I am not making myself. The Great God is.

If I try to make myself, a self-made man, I become a whirling drain-suck, taking all that is around "me" and turning it to my own ends. Look out! If I am a whirling drain-suck, you and all you love are fair game, raw materials for my self-making. Old America worshiped drain-sucks; its remnants still do.

I am called into being by Mystery: a loving, jovial, adventurous, and daring Mystery. He is friendly, forgiving, takes no prisoners -- I am either with him or left behind. He is always there though, laughing, smiling, dancing when I get off my butt and move again.

I love him. I love The Great God.

1 comment:

  1. George this touches on something that has always bothered me about religion. God's laughing. Its one of our greatest gifts and most religions seldom if at all mention god's laughing. Maybe, just maybe when we laugh we are in direct contact with our mysterious maker. LG

    ReplyDelete