Wednesday, August 18, 2010

felt experience

I am hesitant in writing this because it touches on the sacredness at the core of my being. It can be so easily misunderstood, ridiculed, reviled. Yet I feel the need to speak it. Do with it as you will.

Each of us has a felt experience of life. We may not even be able to articulate it, but we operate from this felt experience at our core. Yes, there are many cognitive and emotional overlays, perhaps more easily identifiable and accessible, but it is the felt experience of our very being that determines, that is, our stance toward life. One could call it our core experience.

My felt experience is direct and personal contact with the cosmos, particularly in the person of Jesus. This has little or nothing to do with christianity. Nor am I referring to the Jesus of "doyouknowjesusasyourpersonallordandsavior."

I am referring to a cosmic being I met long ago who has shown me much and still has much to teach, depending on my capacity and openness of heart.

My felt experience is as a cosmic citizen which goes far beyond yet is inclusive of the physical, emotional, mental, and interpersonal realms. I experience all as energetic being, no separation. I have no fear of death because death-and-life are part of a larger process. That may be more information than you want, yet I felt the urge to speak it and here it is.

5 comments:

  1. Very moving, George, and well put. Permit me to go out on a limb and say that for those of us who have been reading your words for a while, all of this testament is quite evident. It's clear you did not "compose" this post off the top of your head. You seem to live it and speak it daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namasté...thank you, George! Love,Cathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Gregory. To the 'unitiated,' your words might be shocking, but I think that could be said of your words every day by those seeing them for the first time. Nothing you've written above is inconsistent with past writings. Nothing of your past writings rings untrue, impure, or even illogical. (Yes, I still fall back on ratio/logic). As for meeting Jesus, well if the spritual world is alive and well among us, in us, and around us, and there is a spiritual commonality amongst us all, spiritual sameness, spiritual oneness, past present and future,then Jesus is as good a label/name for it as any. Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your openness of heart can felt within your writings, and for that, I thank you, George.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still learning about my "felt experience". It continues to unfold for me. It is a personal relationship with the Source. The best way I can describe it is to use your words, George -- I breathe the love that breathes me.

    When I remember to do this, I become aware how the smallest everyday event is sacred. I see miracles unfolding in ways that are so ordinary I could never explain their beauty or the awe they inspire inside me to someone who has not been Here too.

    But to you George, and to the others who travel Here, I feel a kinship when I am opening to what Is. I only wish I could place it into words as well as you can!!!

    My love to you and to all my traveling companions who stop by this watering hole of the soul,

    Patrick (the other Patrick)

    ReplyDelete